All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJuan Martinez Vilchez, (1901-1980) or Pericon de Cadiz, was kwn as one of the leading exponents of cante in the style of Cadiz, a veteran of the by then waning fiesta scene, a link to early twentieth century flamenco, and a former featured artist from La Zambra. But most importantly he was kwn as the epitome of a witty Gadita story teller. Surely because of this reputation, Jose Luis Ortiz Nuevo lugged his tape recorder to Pericon's Madrid apartment, and, plying his subject with whiskey, proceeded to collect what was to become a classic. The English translation by John Moore is faithful to the original.
- Author BiographyJose Luis Ortiz Nuevo compiled historical data on the origins of flamenco in his book Se sabe algo? He is an expert on oral history and on flamenco.
- Author(s)Jos Luis Ortiz Nuevo,Josae Luis Ortiz Nuevo,Jose Luis Ortiz Nuevo
- PublisherInverted-A Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInverted-A Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byJohn Moore
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.