All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, police deception tactics fool millions of Americans into giving evidence they don't have to give, leading to their arrest and conviction in court because they don't kw when and how to take advantage of their absolute constitutional right to remain silent. By the time they hear the Miranda warning, they have already voluntarily given up the evidence the police need to make an arrest by answering questions and taking sobriety tests, and in many cases, they've already guaranteed they'll lose in court. A Toast to Silence focuses on the right time before the Miranda warning to remain silent and t take tests and on the exact word-for-word lies the police cleverly disguise as truths to make people give up evidence and shows you exactly when and how to use the power of silence to overcome these deceptive tactics for success in court.
- Author BiographyAlmost daily for forty-eight years, attorney Peter Baskin has tried criminal cases in Virginia courtrooms. A graduate of the University of Hartford and George Washington University, where he received his law degree, Baskin's Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating is AV pre-eminent, the highest attainable for proficiency and ethical standards. A Toast to Silence is his offering to help Americans everywhere recognize police deception and lies so they can win in court. He resides in northern Virginia with his wife, Jo Anne.
- Author(s)Peter Baskin
- PublisherMorgan James Publishing
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.