All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with the nuanced beauty and complexity of the everyday --a pot of beans, a goat carcass, embroidered linens, a grandfather's cancer-- A Tongue in the Mouth of the Dying journeys through the inherited fear of creation and destruction. The histories of South Texas and its people unfold in Laurie Ann Guerrero's stirring language, including the dehumanisation of men and its consequences on women and children. Guerrero's tongue becomes a palpable border, occupying those liminal spaces that both unite and divide, inviting readers to consider that which is kwn and unkwn: the body. Guerrero explores t just the right, but the ability to speak and fight for oneself, one's children, one's community--in poems that testify how, too often, we fail to see the power reflected in the mirror.
- Author BiographyA native of South Texas, Laurie Ann Guerrerois the author of Babies under the Skin, which won the 2008 Panhandler Publishing Chapbook Award.
- Author(s)Laurie Ann Guerrero
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleAndres Montoya Poetry Prize S.
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight126 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.