All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
About this product
- DescriptionStatistics is the accepted body of methods for summarizing or describing data and drawing conclusions from the summary measures. Everyone who has data to summarize thus needs some kwledge of statistics. The first step in gaining that kwledge is to master the professional jargon. This dictionary is geared to offer more than the usual string of isolated and independent definitions: it provides also the context, applications, and related termilogy. The intended audience falls into five groups with rather different needs: (1) professional statisticians who need to recall a definition, (2) scientists in disciplines other than statistics who need to kw the acceptable methods of summarizing data, (3) students of statistics who need to broaden their kwl- edge of their subject matter and make constant reference to it, (4) managers who will be reading statistical reports written by their employees, and (5) journalists who need to interpret government or scientific reports and transmit the information to the public.
- Author(s)Gary L. Tietjen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight296 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.