All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese fun, illustrated early chapter books feature the adventuresand misadventuresof the Pine City Porcupines, a hapless baseball farm team, and their two batboys: Chad, an avid baseball fan with a huge baseball card collection, and Dylan, who doesn t kw a thing about the sport. The fictional series has a unique twist: Chad solves problems by using information from Topps cards of real figures from modern baseball history. Pine City Porcupines batboy Chad breaks an important ufficial rule of baseball: Don t talk to the starting pitcher when he s got a perfect game going, where t a single opponent has reached base. Now, because Chad opened his mouth, the entire Pines dugout is upset, and the team may lose to the second-to-last-place West Valley Varmints. Chad has to consult his baseball card collection to figure out how to help his beloved Pines pull off the perfect game.
- Author BiographyKurtis Scaletta is the author of several acclaimed middle school novels, including Mudville, one of Booklist s 2009 Top 10 Sports Books for Youth. He lives in Minneapolis. Eric Wight is the creator of the popular Frankie Pickle illustrated chapter book series. He lives in Pennsylvania with his family.
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmulet Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Photographs byEric Wight
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.