All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is unlikely Hal Hammond ever dreamed his stories would achieve fame and immortality. But in the retelling of his father's stories, Dick Hammond has brought his father a wide audience twenty-six years after his death in 1975.
Hal Hammond worked as a logger, a tracker and a beachcomber during his time on the BC coast. Most of that was spent on the Sunshine Coast, which is the setting for the unusual stories and characters that return to life in A Touch of Strange.
These tales have been chiselled and smoothed by countless renditions to family and friends during a time when storytellers played the role w appropriated by television and daily life was dramatic eugh that storytellers didn't have to exaggerate.
Myths, mysteries and the memorable characters that play them out are the heart of this sometimes chilling, sometimes hilarious collection of stories. Discover the bones of an old man sitting quaintly on a creek bank, twenty years after he disappeared in the woods; the charred remains of a man beneath a lone boulder on a desolate island; and the jellyfish as big as a boat that wreaks revenge on those who indulge in mindless malevolence.
- Author(s)Dick Hammond
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication09/11/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best Selling in Fiction Books
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by George R. R. Martin (Paperback, 2012)
- AU $57.17New
- AU $47.50Used
- AU $65.33New
- AU $18.33New
- AU $27.95New
Doctor Who: A History of Humankind: The Doctor's Official Guide by BBC Children's Books (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $18.53New
- AU $6.51New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $57.17
- AU $27.65Trending at AU $27.95
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.53
- AU $55.73Trending at AU $57.80
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.