Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the Wars of the Roses, peace never lasts...It is 1464. Ned Elder and his two sisters, Emma & Elear, have won a hard-fought peace and their feud with the Radcliffes seems long over, but one man never accepted the outcome. After three bitter years of waiting to destroy the Elders, a new ally provides him with a fresh opportunity for revenge. When Ned is summoned to confront a Lancastrian revolt by the new king, Edward of York, he finds his enemies are t just amongst the ranks of the rebels. Branded a traitor by his own commander, the Earl of Warwick, Ned is soon a wanted man in hostile territory and the price on his head only rises when he stumbles upon a royal secret. Meanwhile, Elear and Emma watch over Ned's pregnant wife, Amelie, with only a small garrison of old men and boys to protect them. The feud may have ended, but the scars run deep for all three women and they must hold their nerve and prepare to defend themselves at any cost. A condemned man, Ned must find a way to escape his pursuers or else the whole Elder family will be destroyed.
- Author BiographyDerek was born in Hampshire in England but spent his teenage years in Auckland, New Zealand, where he still has strong family ties. For many years he taught history in a secondary school in Berkshire but took early retirement several years ago to concentrate on his writing. Apart from writing, he spends his time gardening, travelling, walking and taking part in archaeological digs at a Roman villa. Derek is interested in a wide range of historical themes but his particular favourite is the late medieval period. He writes action-packed fiction which is rooted in accurate history. His debut historical novel, Feud, is set in the period of the Wars of the Roses and is the first of the series entitled Rebels & Brothers which follows the fortunes of the fictional Elder family. The remaining books of the series were published as follows: A Traitor's Fate, in November 2013 Kingdom of Rebels, in September 2014. The Last Shroud, in August 2015.
- Author(s)Derek Birks
- PublisherDerek Birks
- Date of Publication11/04/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleRebels and Brothers
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDerek Birks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.