All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from A Transplanted Rose Mr dear, said Mrs. Trevylyan to Mrs. Mortimer, one fine morning in November, who do you think arrived last night? I don't kw; the Empress Eugenie, perhaps. No; worse than that. My niece from the West - t from any of the polished centres, like St. Louis, or Chicago, or Milwaukee, but from six hundred miles from anywhere; and ray brother, her father, wishes me to introduce her into society. Is she pretty? asked Mrs. Mortimer. Well, rather; she has bright eyes and good teeth; but she is absolutely a savage. She has ideas of style, or etiquette, or of manners, but she is ambitious of social success, and there is something so very masterful about her that I believe she will succeed. Now I am out of the world, you kw - ill-health, and mourning, and all that; I can only give her a background and good maxims. Will you see to the practical workings? Now do oblige me, Sophia. You are asking a great deal, Laura, said Mrs. Mortimer, tapping a very pretty foot with her parasol. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)M E W Sherwood
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.