All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- Description'A land of wheat and barley, of grape vines and fig trees and pomegranates; a land of olive trees and honey ...you shall eat and be satisfied' - a Deut. 8:8-10. This work celebrates classic Jewish vegetarian cooking from around the world. Traditions of Jewish vegetarian cooking span three millennia and the extraordinary geographical breadth of the Jewish diasporaa from Persia to Ethiopia, Romania to France. Acclaimed Judaic cooking expert, chef, and rabbi Gil Marks uncovers this vibrant culinary heritage for home cooks. Olive Trees and Honey is a magnificent treasury shedding light on the truly international palette of Jewish vegetarian cooking, with 300 recipes for soups, salads, grains, pastas, legumes, vegetable stews, egg dishes, savory pastries, and more.From Sephardic Bean Stew (Hamin) to Ashkenazic Mushroom Knishes, Italian Fried Artichokes to Hungarian Asparagus Soup, these dishes are suitable for any occasion on the Jewish calendara festival and everyday meal alike. Marks' insights into the origins and evolution of the recipes, suggestions for holiday menus from Yom Kippur to Passover, and culture-rich discussion of key ingredients enhance this enchanting portrait of the Jewish diaspora's global legacy of vegetarian cooking.
- Author BiographyGIL MARKS, a chef, rabbi, writer, and historian, is a leading expert on Jewish cooking and the author of three cookbooks on the subject, including The World of Jewish Cooking. He has been featured on radio and television, including the Food Network's Food Live. The founding editor of Kosher Gourmet magazine, he now writes for Kosher Today and other Jewish and food-related magazines. He has taught at The Culinary Institute of America and at Macy's De Gustibus.
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication12/11/2004
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1102 g
- Width210 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine38 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.