A Treatise on Angel Magic: Magnum Opus Hermetic Sourceworks by Adam McLean (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.66+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the world's leading authority on alchemical texts comes a classic facsimile edition of a late 17th century collection of Western esoteric ideas on Angel Magic. This volume is an exact and complete transcription of the original rare manuscript Harley 6482, considered one of the most important occult manuscripts in the British Library. Harley 6482 is one of six volumes in a collection described as The Treatises of Dr. Rudd. Rudd, a Hebrew scholar, seemed to have had available a broad spectrum of primary sources and a secret tradition about the Echian Tables of John Dee. In his writing on Angels, Rudd exposes himself as a practicing magician as well as a scholar of esoteric material. He was deeply immersed in the dualistic picture of the spiritual world, which is of great importance in esotericism. McLean has transcribed the text of Harley 6482 (on Angel Magic) in its entirety, modernizing the spelling in places but remaining as loyal as possible to the style of Dr. Rudd. McLean believes this Treatise was written by Rudd for use by a group of practicing occultists centered around him. A Treatise on Angel Magic includes detailed sections on the Schemhamphoras, the 72 Angels that bear the name of God; the hierarchies of the fallen angels; rapturous Images of the Mansions of the Moon; evocation of the Natura Spirits; and John Dee's Echian system of Angel conjuration. It concludes with Dr. Rudd's Treatise on the Nine Hierarchies of Angels and their conjuration to visible appearance. A Treatise on Angel Magic is an outstandingly complex source work on Angel Magic, and a resource that brings together several seminal texts t available anywhere else. Essential for scholars and students of the occult, the book offers t merely one viewpoint on western esoterica but instead encompasses all of the important thinking on these topics present in Medieval and Renaissance times.
- Author BiographyAdam McLean is a well known authority on alchemical texts and symbolism. He is the editor and publisher of over 40 books on alchemical and Hermetic ideas. Based in the UK, he has been writing and researching alchemical and hermetic literature for many years. Between 1978 and 1992, he edited the Hermetic Journal and began publishing the Magnum Opus Hermetic Sourceworks, including The Alchemical Mandala, The Magical Calendar, and Rosicrucian Emblems. McLean organized the alchemy website, www.levity.com/alchemy and an extensive reference work on the subject. He lives in England.
- Author(s)Adam McLean
- PublisherRed Wheel/Weiser
- Date of Publication30/03/2006
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMaine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintRed Wheel/Weiser
- Content Noteill
- Weight450 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.