All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionWieslaw Mysliwski returns with ather brilliant translation by Bill Johnston. From its opening invitation for the reader to 'please, come on in', the direct address from the narrator draws the reader into a conversational style that is highly amusing, perceptive and human. And in this unforgettable voice the narrator meditates upon the role of fate and chance in human lives, reflecting on how far the traumatic events of his childhood and of Poland's history has shaped his person.
- Author BiographyWieslaw Mysliwski (pron: VEE-slaw Mish-LIF-ski) is the only writer to have twice received the Nike Prize, Poland's most prestigious literary award: in 1997 for his novel Horizon and again in 2007 for A Treatise on Shelling Beans. He worked as an editor at the People's Publishing Cooperative and at the magazines Regiony and Sycyna. In addition to the Nike Prize, Mysliwski has received the Stanislaw Pietak Prize, the Arts Ministry Prize, the State Prize, the Reymont Prize, and the Alfred Jurzykowski Foundation Award. The author lives in Poland.
- Author(s)Wieslaw Mysliwski
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Weight525 g
- Width151 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byBill Johnston
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.