Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionShoghi Effendi stated that the first duty, and the focus of sustained efforts, of every faithful follower of the Baha'i Faith is to strive to acquire a more adequate understanding of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah. Although a full comprehension of such a Revelation is beyond the limits of our understanding, a clearer understanding of its basic truths will empower us to derive fresh inspiration and to gain further spiritual urishment, which in turn will support and maintain our services to the Cause (Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha'u'llah, p. 100). Shoghi Effendi wrote The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah in 1934 in the form of a letter addressed to the Baha'is of the West to assist them to fulfil the obligation of deepening their understanding. The letter was published together with a selection of his other letters in 1938 in the book entitled The World Order of Baha'u'llah. The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah provides an accurate and clear description of the fundamental verities of the Baha'i Faith concerning the station of its Central Figures as well as the twin crowning institutions of the Guardianship and the Universal House of Justice. Grasping and upholding these verities will enrich the spiritual life of the individual. This tutorial is designed to assist you in studying and assimilating the content of The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah. It is called a tutorial to emphasize the concept underlying its development. In a tutorial, a tutor facilitates learning for an individual or a small group. This book has been designed and developed to simulate, as much as possible, the tutor-tutored relationship in a self-paced personal study. The tutorial identifies the main themes covered in Shoghi Effendi's letter and splits related paragraphs into chapters. Hence, the 130 paragraphs of The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah are apportioned for study across 27 chapters. The size and complexity of each chapter reflects the content and intricacy of the issues addressed in the paragraphs included therein. The title chosen for each chapter reflects the main theme covered in the paragraphs. In addition, two extra chapters address those questions that arose following the sudden passing of Shoghi Effendi and the lack of any lineal descendant to succeed him as the next Guardian. The first chapter explores the possible reasons that Shoghi Effendi did t leave a will r appoint a successor. The second chapter examines the defection of Charles Mason Remey after the passing of Shoghi Effendi, and his unsubstantiated claim to the Guardianship.
- Author BiographyFazel Naghdy is an educator and a researcher. His passion for education has been a dominant force in his life both as a Baha'i and an academic. He has been working with Baha'i youth and junior youth for more than 20 years, helping to unfold their inner intellectual and spiritual capacities. He has also been teaching at the tertiary education level for over two decades. He has published widely on innovation in teaching and learning as well as on his research discipline: robotics and intelligent systems. He is currently a professor at the School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering, University of Wollongong. He lives with his wife Golshah in Wollongong, Australia.
- Author(s)Fazel Naghdy
- Date of Publication18/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.