Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA vel approach to analysing initial-boundary value problems for integrable partial differential equations (PDEs) in two dimensions, based on ideas of the inverse scattering transform that the author introduced in 1997. This method is unique in also yielding vel integral representations for linear PDEs. Several new developments are addressed in the book, including a new transform method for linear evolution equations on the half-line and on the finite interval; analytical inversion of certain integrals such as the attenuated Radon transform and the Dirichlet-to-Neumann map for a moving boundary; integral representations for linear boundary value problems; analytical and numerical methods for elliptic PDEs in a convex polygon; and integrable nlinear PDEs. An epilogue provides a list of problems on which the author's new approach has been used, offers open problems, and gives a glimpse into how the method might be applied to problems in three dimensions.
- Author BiographyAthanassios S. Fokas is Professor of Nonlinear Mathematical Science in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at the University of Cambridge. In 2000 he was awarded the Naylor Prize for his work on which this book is based. In 2006 he received the Excellence Prize of the Bodossaki Foundation.
- Author(s)Athanassios S. Fokas
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/11/2008
- Series TitleCBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 78
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.