All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe remarkable life of Brother Roger, the legendary founder of the Taize community, is chronicled in this authoritative biography. From his childhood in Switzerland to his advocacy for Jewish refugees in war-ravaged France in 1940 and the eventual founding of the Taize community, this memoir highlights Brother Roger's commitment to peace and unshakable faith. Travels to poverty-stricken areas such as the slums of Calcutta and New York's Hell's Kitchen are detailed, as are his visits to the United Nations building and the majestic cathedrals of Europe, which enabled him to see and communicate with both the good and bad in society. The revised preface and an epilogue written in response to Brother Roger's recent tragic death are new to this paperback edition.
- Author BiographyKathryn Spink is the author of several bestselling biographies, including Black Sash: The Beginning of a Bridge in South Africa, The Call of the Desert: A Biography of Little Sister Magdeleine of Jesus, and Mother Teresa: An Authorized Biography.
- Author(s)Kathryn Spink
- PublisherGIA Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGIA Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.