All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book maps the multilayered narratives that the cinema has created on and around Silvio Berlusconi as a powerful means to explore the age of Berlusconismo. Navigating through the surplus of meanings assigned to the Italian political leader by the texts and practices circulating in Italian society, this investigation privileges a horizon of analysis that crosses both chrological and generic boundaries. Going back to the comedy Italian style sub-genre, which foreshadows the significations converged in Berlusconi before the real figure actually entered the public stage, the discussion spans from the proto-Berlusconi everyman of La piu bella serata della mia vita (1972), directed by Ettore Scola, to the decadent caricature of La caduta dell'impero (in pre-production), scripted and directed by Roberta Torre. The author argues that the Berlusconi of this study is t only the historical persona, but a pervasive semiotic category in which the history of the country is inscribed.
- Author(s)Nicoletta Marini-Maio
- PublisherMimesis International
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintMimesis Edizioni
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.