All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve-year-old Ned Roach used to scavenge for scraps along the Thames riverbank. But the recent plague of child-eating bogles in London means that he's w working as an apprentice to Alfred Bunce, the bogler. Alongside Jem Barbary and (sometimes) Birdie McAdam, Ned must lure bogles out of their lairs so that Alfred can kill them. And this means spending a lot of time in the city's murky underground waterways - especially when Alfred is hired by the London Sewers Office to stamp out a deadly infestation. But times are changing. As magic and folklore give way to the machine age, Alfred begins to face an uncertain future - while Ned and his friends find themselves threatened by an enemy from their past who's even more dangerous than the bogles. Catherine Jinks captures the end of an era and the start of a techlogical revolution in her brilliant final instalment of the City of Orphans trilogy.
- Author BiographyAs well as the other books in the City of Orphans series, Catherine Jinks's most recent titles include the bestselling Evil Genius series and her paranormal spoofs, The Reformed Vampire Support Group and The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group.
- PrizesCommended for Children's Book Council of Australia Awards: Book of the Year - Young Readers 2015.
- Author(s)Catherine Jinks
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCity of Orphans
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.