A Visual Guide to Gospel Events: Fascinating Insights Into Where They Happened and Why by David G Hansen, James C Martin, John A Beck (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.56+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the inspired authors of the Bible relayed the story of salvation, they frequently mentioned place names that contributed to the story. Yet readers who are separated from the texts by thousands of years and thousands of miles are often unable to fully understand or appreciate those references. In the tradition of the well-received A Visual Guide to Bible Events, authors James C. Martin, John A. Beck, and David G. Hansen offer this new resource focusing on the Gospel narratives. This beautiful, full-color book is filled with photographs, maps, and easy-to-read explanations. The engaging writing style makes this resource perfect for anyone--student, scholar, pastor, or layperson--who wants to understand the events recorded in the Gospels in a deeper way.
- Author BiographyJames C. Martin (MDiv and DMin, Fuller Theological Seminary) founded Bible World Seminars in 1989. He currently offers biblical study travel programs on location in Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, and Greece. Over the past twenty-five years, Martin and his wife, Stacey, have been involved in aerial, land, and museum photography and video filming throughout the Middle East and Europe. Their photos appear in works such as the NIV Archaeological Study Bible, Halley's Bible Handbook, and A Visual Guide to Bible Events, among others. John A. Beck (PhD, Trinity International University) has taught courses in Hebrew and Old Testament at various colleges and universities for more than 20 years. He currently is an adjunct faculty member at Jerusalem University College in Israel. His articles have appeared in numerous academic journals and books. His books include The Land of Milk and Honey: An Introduction to the Geography of Israel, God as Storyteller: Seeking Meaning in Biblical Narrative, A Visual Guide to Bible Events, A Visual Guide to Gospel Events, and more. Beck lives in Wisconsin. David G. Hansen (PhD, Trinity Theological Seminary) has taught at several institutions of higher education, including the US Army War College, Penn State University, and Trinity Theological College and Seminary. He also served in the US Army for thirty-five years. His current on-site research in Israel, Jordan, and Egypt includes extensive travel and participation in several archaeological excavations. He has published numerous articles and book chapters about biblical geography, history, and military affairs, and is author of In Their Sandals: How His Followers Saw Jesus and coauthor of A Visual Guide to Bible Events.
- Author(s)David G Hansen,James C Martin,John A Beck
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight522 g
- Width175 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.