All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA Voice for Earth is a collection of poems, essays, and stories that together give a voice to the ethical principles outlined in the Earth Charter. The Earth Charter was adopted in the year 2000 with the mission of addressing the ecomic, social, political, spiritual, and environmental problems confronting the world in the twenty-first century.Part 1 of the book, Imagination into Principle, comprises Steven C. Rockefeller's behind-the-scenes summary of how the language for the Earth Charter was drafted. In part 2, Principle into Imagination, ten writers breathe life into its concepts with their own original work. Contributors include Rick Bass, Alison Hawthorne Deming, John Lane, Robert Michael Pyle, Janisse Ray, Scott Russell Sanders, Lauret Savoy, and Mary Evelyn Tucker. In part 3, Imagination and Principle into a New Ethic, Leonardo Boff offers a new paradigm created through reflecting on the concept of care in the Earth Charter.
- Author BiographyPeter Blaze Corcoran is a professor of environmental studies and environmental education and director of the Center for Environmental and Sustainability Education at Florida Gulf Coast University. He is editor of The Earth Charter in Action: Toward a Sustainable World. A. James Wohlpart is associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of English at Florida Gulf Coast University; he serves as the associate director of the center.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBrandon P. Hollingshead,James Wohlpart,Peter Blaze Corcoran
- Foreword byHomero Aridjis,Terry Tempest Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.