All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionTurbulence is widely recognized as one of the outstanding problems of the physical sciences, but it still remains only partially understood despite having attracted the sustained efforts of many leading scientists for well over a century. In A Voyage Through Turbulence we are transported through a crucial period of the history of the subject via biographies of twelve of its great personalities, starting with Osborne Reylds and his pioneering work of the 1880s. This book will provide absorbing reading for every scientist, mathematician and engineer interested in the history and culture of turbulence, as background to the intense challenges that this universal phemen still presents.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Davidson is Professor in the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge. Yukio Kaneda is Professor in the Department of Computational Science and Engineering at the Graduate School of Engineering, University of Nagoya, Japan. Keith Moffatt is Professor Emeritus of Mathematical Physics at the University of Cambridge and Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. Katepalli R. Sreenivasan is University Professor in the Department of Physics and the Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences, New York University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note65 b/w illus.
- Weight670 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byKatepalli R. Sreenivasan,Keith Moffatt,Peter A. Davidson,Yukio Kaneda
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.