All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEric Boman embarked on a career in fashion photography in the early 1970s, working for British Vogue, Harper's & Queen and The World of Interiors in London, and Marie Claire in Paris. Assignments or wanderlust took him to locations near and far, always with the same Leicaflex that he would train on whatever caught his eye. This body of personal work has remained unseen for over 45 years, stored away as 35mm slides. Most of the photographs are devoid of people, in contrast to Boman's professional work, which has almost always involved some form of portraiture. This book presents the photographs juxtaposed for the visual dialogue that emerges. A photograph of a glass merchant in Morocco faces a nearly identical one of a brass merchant in Tunisia; an image of a manicured Swedish topiary faces a lush rainforest around the corner from Boman's house; and a sculptural memorial to a fallen soldier in Denmark faces a desert island in the Caribbean. Beautifully designed in collaboration with rewned book designer Miko McGinty, this book is a tribute to the poetry of a well-travelled eye.
- Author BiographyOriginally Swedish, Eric Boman moved to England in the mid-1960s to enroll at London's Royal College of Art and subsequently worked as an illustrator and designer in London and Paris. In 1978, having made his name as a fashion photographer, he moved to New York, where his work has been published in Vogue, Vanity Fair, House & Garden, and The New Yorker, among others. His publications include Eric Boman's Dames (2005), Blahnik by Boman: Shoes, Photographs and Conversation (2005), and Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel (2007). Boman is a frequent contributor to American Vogue and divides his time between New York and Long Island.
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Weight635 g
- Width235 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Eric Boman
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.