All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA War of Peoples, 1914-1919 provides a new perspective on the First World War, offering a concise narrative of the war from the first military actions in July 1914 until the signing of the peace treaty by Germany in July 1919. Adrian Gregory considers the sources of information available to historians and the ways in which historians have written about the war for over fifty years. This volume will appeal equally to people with little or familiarity with the events of the war and to those who already think they kw about it. It presents a thought-provoking account which reflects the changes to historians' understanding of the war. There is a great deal of emphasis on aspect of the war which are less familiar to English-speaking audiences, particularly the war in Eastern Europe, in the Balkans, and on the Italian front. A War of Peoples, 1914-1919 concludes in 1919 with a study of the fraught and complex process of peace making, a subject which is often neglected in general surveys that end on 11 November 1918.
- Author BiographyAdrian Gregory is a Fellow of Pembroke College, Oxford. He studied history at Cambridge University and has been involved in the study of the First World War for over twenty years. He has been teaching a course on the comparative history of the First World War at Oxford since 1999.
- Author(s)Adrian Gregory
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOxford Histories
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note3 black and white illustrations
- Weight292 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.