All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom his first bout at the age of seven, Micky Ward was kwn first and foremost for giving as good as he got, and for leaving absolutely everything he had in the ring. When he fought, quitting was never an option. It was that indomitable spirit that would allow him to survive, battle against, and overcome the harsh realities that he faced every day of his life. From the rough streets of Lowell, Massachusetts, to the blood and sweat of the international fight game, to the bright lights and adulation of Hollywood, this is a rousing, moving, tragic tale.
- Author Biography<b> Irish Micky Ward</b> is a retired light welterweight professional boxer from Lowell, Massachusetts. During his eighteen-year pro career, Ward won the World Boxing Union light welterweight title after his defeat of Shea Neary and gained widespread acclaim after his trilogy of legendary fights with Arturo Gatti. The 2010 movie <i>The Fighter</i>, starring Mark Wahlberg as Micky Ward and Christian Bale as his half brother, Dicky Eklund, recounts Ward s climb to fame. <b>Joe Layden</b> is an award-winning journalist, the <i>New York Times</i> bestselling coauthor of the international bestseller <i>Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir</i> and the author of the critically acclaimed title <i>The Last Great Fight</i>.
- Author(s)Micky Ward
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight329 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.