Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Marla Bronstein was first diagsed with an Acoustic Neuroma, she, like many others, went straight to the internet. She found out what it was, treatment options, and read personal stories of resulting complications from long, frightening surgery. Marla wanted a map to help guide her through the months ahead of surgery that might show her a story with a happy ending. Marla wrote the book she wanted and needed so desperately to read. Marla's story is written with the hope that others might also find their path in dealing with any life-threatening and life-changing situation.
- Author BiographyMarla Bronstein was born in Long Island, New York, and moved to the west coast as a child. She attended high school in southern California and went to college at UC Berkeley. She received a BA in Linguistics in 1979. Marla's favorite language was ASL, and for a short while entertained the thought of being a lawyer who specialized in serving the needs of the Deaf community. She became a paralegal and quickly discovered the life of a lawyer was not for her. 20 years later, Marla changed careers and finally dabbled in sign language interpreting, office administration, non-profit social service work, and finally, non-profit arts. For fun, she is involved in local community theater. She has acted, directed, stage managed, costumed, painted sets for and written scripts for, and received acting and directing awards for numerous short and full length plays. All the while, she continued writing stories, letters, blogs, commentaries and on-line journals.
- Author(s)Marla Bronstein
- PublisherMarla Bronstein
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarla Bronstein
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.