Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tribute to world-famous naturalist and nature writer, William Condry, being a selection of his rich writings, compiled by friend and fellow nature writer, Jim Perrin. Rewned for his 'Country Diary', published in The Guardian for over 40 years, Condry had an infectious passion and concern for conservation, and the landscape and wildlife of mid-Wales inspired much of his writings.
- Author BiographyJim Perrin is an award-winning mountaineering, travel and outdoor writer, a one-time Welsh shepherd an accomplished rock-climber and a regular contributor to the Guardian's Country Diary. As a writer he has made regular contributions to a number of newspapers and climbing magazines. As a climber he has developed many new routes, and made solo and free assents of great difficulty. Among his books are River Map (Gomer Press), Travels with the Flea and Mirrors in the Cliffs. His travels on a Harley, across the USA were published in the Daily Telegraph under the title High on the Hog. He has appeared at many festivals (e.g. Hay & Edinburgh) and is the recipient of a number of awards e.g. Boardman Tasker Prize, Wales Tourist Board Wales in Print Award 2002, VisitAmerica Travel Writer of the Year, 2000. William Moreton Condry, or Bill Condry as he was often known, was described by The Daily Telegraph in a tribute in 1998 as one of the finest British writers on natural history in the 20th century . Although he did not have any academic training in natural history, his knowledge of his subject matter was all self-taught. He became one of the most eminent of naturalists and writers in Britain, as well as one of the father figures of conservation. His contribution to the pioneering days of nature conservation in Wales was enormous - he served on the Wales Committee of the Nature Conservancy for a period in the 1960s and also pressed for the safeguarding of important sites such as the National Nature Reserves and was one of the first to raise the plight of the red kite. He wrote many guides and nature books and Heart of the Country was published by Gomer Press in 2003.
- PublisherGomer Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLlandysul
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGomer Press
- Width147 mm
- Height222 mm
- Edited byJim Perrin
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.