All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American critic William V. Spas, a pioneer of postmodern theory and co-founder of one of its principal organs, the journal boundary 2, is, in the words of A William V. Spas Reader coeditor Daniel T. O'Hara, everything that current post-modern theory is accused of t being: polemical, engaged, prophetic, passionate. Informed by his experience as a prisoner of war in Dresden, Spas saw dire con-sequences for life in modernist aesthetic experiments, and he thereafter imbued his work with a constructive aspect ever in the name of more life. A William V. Spas Reader collects Spas's most important critical essays, providing both an introduction to his prophetic, visionary work and a provocation to the practice of humanistic criticism.
- Author BiographyDaniel T. O'Hara is a professor of English and Inaugural Mellon Term Professor of Humanities at Temple University, USA. His books include The Art of Reading as a Way of Life: On Nietzsche's Truth (Northwestern, 2009). Donald E. Pease is the Ted and Helen Geisel Third Century Professor of the Humanities at Dartmouth College, USA. Michelle Martin holds a Ph.D. in English from Temple University, USA. Her work has appeared in the Journal of Modern Literature, among other venues.
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight1089 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byDaniel T. O'Hara,Donald E. Pease,Michelle Martin
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.