All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNT as an Operating System Microsoft developed Windows NT as an alternative to Unix. The company sees it as a part of its overall Enterprise Computing plan.It scales up from basic 486 systems to high-end RISC sys- tems from companies like Digital, NEC,and PCvendors offering PowerPC systems for NT. The basic operating system consists of a user interface shell (similar in appearance to Windows 3.1 for NT 3.1 to 3.5, and changing to look and feel more like Windows 95 for NT 4.0) de- signed to run 32-bit programs. This makes it ideal for the multi- media nature of Web browsers, and for the heavy-duty require- ments of a Web server. There are a number of elements in the as that are special to NT. These include the control panelsand administrativesupport tools relating to NT's services and support mechanisms. TCP/IP is included for Internetaccess throughtraditional networks.You can also connect from Windows NTWorkstation via MS Remote Access to any Internet Access Providersupporting PPP. Basic requirements for Windows NT Workstation are a 486 system with at least 8 MB of RAM, although 16 MB is recom- mended. The client software needed to connect to a corporate server is included, as is the Remote Access software mentioned earlier. 1. Introduction FIGURE 1.1. NT4.0 operating system.
- Author(s)Richard Raucci
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/1996
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note125 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight280 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.