All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin is a tale of wizards, dragons and terrifying shadows. The island of Gont is a land famous for wizards. Of these, some say the greatest - and surely the greatest voyager - is the man called Sparrowhawk. As a reckless, awkward boy, he discovered the great power that was in him - with terrifying consequences. Tempted by pride to try spells beyond his means, Sparrowhawk lets loose an evil shadow-beast in his land. Only he can destroy it, and the quest leads him to the farthest corner of Earthsea.
- Author BiographyUrsula K. Le Guin was born in Berkley, California, in 1929, daughter of the writer Theodora Kroeber and the anthropologist Alfred Kroeber. Her published work includes twenty-one novels, eleven volumes of short stories, four collections of essays, twelve books for children, seven volumes of poetry and four of translation. Among her best-known novels are The Left Hand of Darkness, The Dispossessed, Always Coming Home and Lavinia. She holds five Hugo and six Nebula Awards, the last for Powers in 2009, and the National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. Ursula K. Le Guin's most famous work of fantasy is the Earthsea series. The books have been translated into many languages around the world.
- Author(s)Ursula K. Le Guin
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.