All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor any woman who wants to get outside and play, here is the definitive guide to being a woman in the great outdoors. This guide covers the matters of most concern to women, from feminine functions in the wilderness to how to deal with condescending rangers and arrogant fellow travellers. Outlining the basics of wilderness survival tailored to women's unique needs, including gear lists, setting up camp, building a fire, food and water, safety, weather and navigation, it's written by an Oregon geologist and Outdoor School instructor (and avid outdoors woman). It covers the basics for traditional outdoor recreational activities like hiking, camping and backpacking, as well as other outdoor sports such as kayaking, swshoeing and cycling.
- Author BiographyRuby McConnell is a writer, dancer and geologist. Her published works include professional geologic papers, personal essays, dance reviews, short stories and her blog, 'Girl Gone Wild'. Her work has appeared in magazines such as Misadventures, Oregon Quarterly, Seattle Backpackers, Bird Watcher's Digest and Fungi.
- Author(s)Rudy McConnell
- PublisherSasquatch Books
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSasquatch Books
- Content Note120 illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.