All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung woodpecker Pierce has decided he is old eugh to venture out and hunt for insects on his own. He will prove to his mother that he is old eugh to stretch his wings and be independent and responsible! When he ventures to the forest in search of juicy insects he finds that it isn't going to be as easy as he thought. All of the trees he finds seem perfect --but they already have other animals making their homes there. And Raccoon and Owl and Skunk don't want Pierce hammering holes in their homes in his search for lunch. There has to be some way a smart woodpecker like Pierce can figure out how to get at those tasty insects. The book includes n-fiction backmatter with more information on woodpeckers and activities for young readers.
- Author BiographySean Cassidy is the acclaimed author-illustrator of many picture books for young readers including Good to be Small, Gummy Toes and Kazaak! He lives with his family near Orangeville, Ontario.
- Author(s)Sean Cassidy
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTell-Me-More Storybooks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width283 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.