All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'At last, a book on therapy which is easy to read and jargon-free, yet manages to convey the richness of the group experience.' - Penelope Campling, British Journal of Psychiatry 'It is vitalising reading - and should be on the shelves of any psychotherapy department and of any therapist with an interest in groups.' - Chris Evans, British Journal of Medical Psychology 'The purpose of this short, highly readable and extremely informative book is to provide the reader with a practical insight into the group-analytic method of group therapy . The book achieves this goal through a format that is interactive with the reader.' - Jerome S. Gans, International Journal of Group Psychotherapy A Workbook of Group-Analytic Interventions is designed to complement the academic and experiential training of therapists. Written by experienced practitioners, it gives trainees a practical insight into the ways in which group analysts may tackle difficult situations, allowing them to understand more fully the nature of intervention right from the beginning of their training. Eight situations drawn from real psychotherapy groups are presented in detail so that readers may exercise their own skills in taking decisions and judging appropriate interventions. Each situation is then analysed in depth by one of the authors, who describe and comment on the thinking behind the interventions suggested by a panel of group analysts. The book gives the trainee a wide and informed appreciation of different situations arising in groups and appropriate ways of handling them. It provides an excellent base from which to start to practise.
- Author BiographyDavid Kennard is head of psychology and psychotherapy at The Retreat and director of the Tuke Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling, both in York. Jeff Roberts retired early as a consultant psychotherapist at the Royal London Hospital, and he is a member of management of the Group-Analytic Practice. David A. Winter is head of clinical psychology services and coordinator of research for Barnet Healthcare NHS Trust and visiting professor of psychology at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Author(s)David Kennard,David Winter,J. Roberts
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication04/07/2000
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleInternational Library of Group Analysis
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.