A World of Quilts: Designing and Making Contemporary Quilts Inspired by Traditional Patterns by Cassandra Ellis (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.88Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn A World of Quilts, Cassandra Ellis strips things back to this basic premise, sharing her love of cloth, colour and creating, while guiding the reader through the many different types of quilt they can make and the processes involved. The quilts vary in difficulty, quilting style, size and fabric choices, covering every skill needed to make a truly personal quilt. Drawing inspiration from 25 traditional quilt designs from around the world, Cassandra Ellis gives each quilt a unique and contemporary spin, whether that's through a different application of the basic block that makes up the design or through her combination of fabrics in colour palettes that appeal to a modern aesthetic. As the fascinating origin of each design is explored, it soon becomes apparent that the rich history of quilting in disparate cultures around the world exhibits a common theme - that of storytelling through the simple piecing of fabric and the shared process of creating. From English Piecing to Amish Sawtooth, Pojagi to Drunkard's Path, each of the stunning quilts is made using a time-houred technique - freestyle, blocks, curves, triangles or applique. Cassandra guides you through every step, with advice on fabric choices, and cutting and piecing instructions accompanied by an easy-to-follow diagram and evocative photographs of the finished quilt. With a comprehensive technical section, 'Quilt Masterclass', A World of Quilts provides you with all the inspiration, encouragement and practical skills required to create an heirloom quilt.
- Author BiographyCASSANDRA ELLIS is a designer and maker of high-end quilts and homewares. Originally from New Zealand, Cassandra now runs her own London-based design studio, where she teaches contemporary craft and interiors workshops. She also teaches at Charleston in East Sussex, the former home of Bloomsbury Group artists Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant. Cassandra's gorgeous designs are stocked by leading retailers, including Liberty of London, and she works directly with clients on commissions and interior design projects. Her work has been featured in Elle Decoration, House & Garden, Easy Living and Red. Cassandra's first book, Quilt Love, was published by Jacqui Small in October 2012. She is the author of Cloth (2013) and also writes an inspirational blog: http://havenworkroom.blogspot.com., www.cassandraellis.co.uk
- Author(s)Cassandra Ellis
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.