A World without Cancer: The Making of a New Cure and the Real Promise of Prevention by Margaret I. Cuomo (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Cuomo, a prestigious diagstic radiologist, and sister of the goverr of NY, marshals 30 years of medical evidence to argue that the reason Americans are still dying of cancer - and why incidents of new cancers are actually on the rise - is because of a catastrophically broken system that puts corporate profit and personal ambition far, far ahead of the goal of curing and preventing cancer. Cancer this year will kill twice as many Americans as were killed in all of WWII and yet we continue to be told that the billions we spend on cancer research can do better than to keep people living a little while longer, and while the medical community continues to celebrate more and more grotesquely aggressive surgeries on late-stage patients. Three trends are responsible for this chronic failure to cure cancer: doctors currently win grant money to study very narrow aspects of cancer (which results in their growing their personal reputations) but are never incentivized to work collaboratively with other doctors nationally or globally to achieve the major breakthroughs that collaboration would provide; pharma companies continue to soak up billions in profit from drugs that treat sick patients instead of on breakthroughs that would cure them - and thereby dry up their cancer drug pipeline; and the government has been profoundly remiss in placing effort whatsoever behind serious prevention of cancer messaging or research, even as more and more independent research piles up proving that cancer can indeed be avoided in the first place.
- Author BiographyMargaret I. Cuomo, MD, is a board-certified radiologist and served as an attending physician in diagnostic radiology at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset New York for many years. Specializing in body imaging, involving CT, Ultrasound, MRI and interventional procedures, much of her practice was dedicated to the diagnosis of cancer and AIDS. She is the daughter of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo and Mrs. Matilda Cuomo and sister to Governor Andrew Cuomo and ABC's Chris Cuomo. She resides in New York.
- Author(s)Margaret I. Cuomo
- PublisherRodale Incorporated
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Incorporated
- Out-of-print date10/07/2014
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.