CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis version of the best-selling college handbook includes a tabbed section called Writing about Literature, a practical guide to interpreting works of literature and to planning, composing, and documenting papers about literature. Students will find help with forming and supporting an interpretation, avoiding plot summary, integrating quotations from a literary work, observing the conventions of literature papers, and using secondary sources. Writing about Literature also includes two sample student essays one that uses primary sources and one that uses primary and secondary sources. The full primary texts are also included.
- Author BiographyDiana Hacker taught in the English faculty at Prince George's Community College in Maryland. During that time she personally class-tested her 'Hacker Handbooks' including the popular 'Bedford Handbook' and 'Writer's Reference' with nearly four thousand students over thirty-five years. Nancy Sommers teaches writing and mentors new writing teachers at Harvard's Graduate School of Education. She has taught composition and directed composition programs for thirty years.
- Author(s)Diana Hacker,Nancy Sommers
- PublisherBedford/Saint Martin's
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford/Saint Martin's
- Out-of-print date13/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width213 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.