All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew House Farm is a small dairy farm of 140 acres in Tytherington, Gloucestershire. Run by Bill Corck and his sons, Richard and Tom, it has been in the family since the 1840s. In a beautiful and diverse collection of photographs, A Year on a Dairy Farm faithfully captures the day-to-day workings of a family-run farm in the South Gloucestershire countryside. Milking and calving cows, planting trees, laying hedges, ploughing fields, planting maize, making hay, picking fruit - these are just some of the sundry activities that make up the farming year. A Year on a Dairy Farm is a very personal book - all the photographs were taken by the author as he worked on his land - but one with broad appeal, documenting with affection and good humour the rhythms and experiences of farming through the changing seasons. Revealing the characters that make it all happen, and the animals that are the farm's lifeblood, it illustrates with colour and vitality the hard work and rewards of an honest vocation practised in the midst of nature's beauty.
- Author BiographyRichard Cornock has spent most of his life at New House Farm. After school he went to Hartpury College where he did an O.N.D. in Agriculture and was involved with the Young Farmers. He then went travelling around the world before settling down at New House.
- Author(s)Richard Cornock
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note225
- Weight544 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.