All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Zouave's Journey is a fascinating biography of an orphan's struggles to survive in late-nineteenth-century France. As a young man, he was drafted into the elite 3rd Zouave regiment, fought in the historic battles of 1917 and 1918, was wounded, and suffered from the effects of severe gas poisoning. In 1920, he returned to a society that soon forgot the hardships endured by his generation. The Musee Alfred Desmasures is the recipient of administrative documents pertaining to his childhood as well as his war journal, letters, and other memorabilia perpetuating the sacrifices of the men of 1914-1918. This book is based on the information provided by Achille Lecreux of the 37th African Division. A Zouave's Journey is certain to engage a broad spectrum of readers in historical, cultural, military, and social studies and is recommended for both undergraduate and graduate libraries.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Marilene Patten Henry earned her Ph.D. in French language and literature from the University of Virginia. She lectured at Germanna Community College and George Mason University, and she was the Academic Dean of a private school. Her first book, Monumental Accusations: The monuments aux morts as Expressions of Popular Resentment, was published by Peter Lang.
- Author(s)Marilene Patten Henry
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note10 fig.
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.