A2 Film Studies by John White, Sarah Casey Benyahia, Freddie Gaffney (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.24+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction gives students the confidence to tackle every part of the WJEC A2 Level Film Studies course. The authors, who have wide ranging experience as teachers, examiners and authors, introduce students step by step, to the skills involved in the study of film. The second edition has been re-designed and re-written to follow the new WJEC A2 syllabus for 2009 teaching onwards and is supported by a companion website at www.alevelfilmstudies.co.uk offering further advice and activities. There is a chapter for each exam topic including: * The small scale research project * The creative project * Aspects of a national cinema - Bollywood; Iranian; Japanese; and Mexican * International Film Styles - German and/or Soviet; Surrealism; Neo-Realism; and New Waves * Specialist studies - Urban Stories; and Empowering Women * Spectatorship topics - Early cinema before 1917; Documentary; Experimental and expanded film/video; and Popular film and emotional responses * The single film critical study - every film covered Specifically designed to be user friendly, the second edition of A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction has a new text design to make the book easy to follow, includes more than sixty colour images and is packed with features such as: * case studies relevant to the 2009 specification * activities on films like All About My Mother, 10, Vertigo and City of God * key terms * example exam questions * suggestions for further reading and website resources. Matched to the current WJEC specification, A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction covers everything students need to study as part of the course.
- Author BiographySarah Casey Benyahia is a teacher of Film and Media Studies. She is the author of Teaching Contemporary British Cinema (2005) and co-author of AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (2nd edition, 2008). Freddie Gaffney is Principal Moderator for Film Studies FM1 and FM4 with the WJEC. He is also a screenwriter, filmmaker and Deputy Head of Faculty of Communication Media at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication. He is co-author of AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (2nd edition, 2008). John White is an A-level examiner for Film Studies with the WJEC and a teacher of Film, English and Media at Parkside Community College and Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge. He is co-author of AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (2nd edition, 2008), co-editor of 50 Key British Films (2008) and also of 50 Key American Films (2009).
- Author(s)Freddie Gaffney,John White,Sarah Casey Benyahia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2009
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEssentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note68 colour illustrations
- Weight940 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.