A2 Media Studies: The Essential Introduction for WJEC by Sarah Casey Benyahia, Antony Bateman, Peter Bennett, Peter Wall (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.22+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping key topics in depth and introducing students to the tion of independent study, this full colour, highly illustrated textbook is designed to support students through the transition from AS to A2 and is the perfect guide for the new WJEC A2 Media Studies syllabus. Individual chapters, written by experienced teachers and examiners cover the following key areas: * Introduction: From AS to A2 * 1. Key Concepts: genre, narrative, representation, audience * 2. Developing Textual Analysis * 3. Theoretical Perspectives * 4. Passing MS4: Text, Industry and Audience * 5. Passing MS3: Media Investigation and Production * Epilogue Specially designed to be user-friendly, A2 Media Studies: The Essential Introduction for WJEC includes activities, key terms, case studies, sample exam questions and over 120 full colour images.
- Author BiographyPeter Wall is Chair of Examiners for GCE Media Studies, GCE Communication Studies, GCSE Media Studies, Applied GCSE Media and the Creative and Media Diploma. He is co-editor of Media Studies: The Essential Resource (2004), Communication Studies: The Essential Resource and Film Studies: The Essential Resource (2006), co-author of AS Media Studies: The Essential Introduction (3rd edition, 2008), A2 Media Studies: The Essential Introduction (2005) and Framework Media: Channels (2004) and author of Media Studies for GCSE (2007). Peter Bennett is Chief Examiner for GCE Communication Studies and Senior Lecturer at the University of Wolverhampton's School of Education where he teaches prospective new teachers. He previously taught Film, English and Communication Studies at Rowley Regis College. He is the co-author of AS Communication and Culture: The Essential Introduction (3rd edition, 2008), A2 Communication and Culture: The Essential Introduction, A2 Media Studies: The Essential Introduction (2005) and Framework Media: Channels (English and Media 11-14), as well as co-editor of Communication Studies: The Essential Resource (2003) and Film Studies: the Essential Resource (2006). Sarah Casey Benyahia is a teacher and examiner of Film and Media Studies. She is the author of Teaching Contemporary British Cinema (2005) and Teaching TV and Film Documentary (2008) and co-author of AS Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (2nd edition, 2008) and A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction (2nd edition, 2009). Antony Bateman is Head of Media and Film Studies at Wardle High School and Rochdale 14-19 Creative & Media Diploma Programme Director.
- Author(s)Antony Bateman,Peter Bennett,Peter Wall,Sarah Casey Benyahia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEssentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 60 colour illustrations, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight696 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.