All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.03
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.03
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionAs many passengers travel daily on London Underground as the rest of the British railway network in its entirety and passengers will be familiar with the differences between the Underground lines. What perhaps is less obvious to the travelling public is the difference between the sub-surface stock and the much smaller deep-level tube stock which is constrained by the size of the tunnels. Even within these two main types of stock there are differences between individual lines, depending on density of traffic in central London or the suburbs, special demands of servicing Heathrow airport (the Piccadilly Line) and even differing lengths of platforms. Stock on the Underground generally has a long life - the earliest stock is the 'A' stock from the early 1960s still to be seen on the Metropolitan and East London Lines and the earliest tube stock still in operation dates from the opening of the Victoria Line 1967. The most recent is the 1995 Northern Line stock and the 1996 Jubilee Line stock. The introduction to the book gives a historical description of each of the six main types of sub-surface stock and three types of deep level tube stock in operation on the Underground today and is accompanied by detailed specifications of each type of stock and photographs. The book then provides a complete listing of the stock numbers of each vehicle operating on the Underground lines as well as battery locomotives and maintenance vehicles, with the listing grouped under the individual Underground lines, again accompanied by photographs.
- Author(s)Ben Muldoon
- PublisherIan Allan Publishing
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIan Allan Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.