About this product
- DescriptionABC of Dementia is a practical guide to help healthcare professionals develop kwledge, skills, confidence and an understanding of dementia, in order to support those with dementia to live well. It begins with the cognitive disabilities and underlying brain diseases that define dementia, before moving on to diagstic assessment and early intervention for dementia. There is a focus on the experience of the person with dementia and their families, highlighting the journey from diagsis to end of life, including the role of person-centred care, and the limited therapeutic options available. Separate chapters address dementia in acute hospital settings, primary care, and care for those with the most severe challenges, as well as the specific needs of younger people developing dementia. The ethical and legal context of dementia care is also outlined. From a multidisciplinary author team, ABC of Dementia is a valuable resource for general practitioners, family physicians and other health care professionals caring for patients with dementia and related disorders. It is also relevant for geriatricians, psychologists, specialist and practice nurses, and nursing home staff.
- Author BiographyBernard Coope, Associate Medical Director, Consultant Older Adult Psychiatrist, Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, UK. Felicity Richards, Consultant Older Adult Psychiatrist, Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, UK.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/04/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleABC Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight332 g
- Width221 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edited byBernard Coope,Felicity Richards
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.