Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.12+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise and highly accessible book contains everything that parents and busy professionals need to kw about ADHD. The author describes the spectrum of ADHD, the co-occurring symptoms, and common difficulties that parents face. The rest of the book focuses on solutions, based around four rules. Rule number one is keeping it positive: punishments can change behavior, but only positive approaches can improve attitude. Rule number two is keeping it calm: it's difficult thinking clearly eugh to solve problems logically if you are feeling overwhelmed. Rule number three is keeping it organized: this rule relates particularly to the child's school life. Rule number four is to keep doing rules one to three. Finally, Dr. Kutscher discusses the role of medication for treating ADHD. The concluding chapter summarizes the information covered and can also be read as a complete, freestanding text. Useful checklists and further reading recommendations are also included. Realistic and optimistic, this book is the ideal source of information and advice for parents and professionals who are trying to keep up with children who are living without brakes.
- Author BiographyMartin L. Kutscher MD is Assistant Clinical Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology of New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY, and has worked in the Rye Brook, New York area since 1987, with children who have special neurological needs. Dr Kutscher is board certified in Pediatrics and in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology. He received his BA from Columbia University, his MD from Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons, and completed a pediatric residency at Temple University's St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. His neurology residency and pediatric neurology fellowship were completed at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He is the author of Kids in the Syndrome Mix of ADHD, LD, Asperger's, Tourette's, Bipolar, and More! The one stop guide for parents, teachers, and other professionals and Children with Seizures: A Guide for Parents, Teachers, and Other Professionals, both also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Martin L. Kutscher
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrated by Douglas Puder MD
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Douglas Puder
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.