All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade, the AIDS pandemic has propagated so widely and exerted such a dev- astating impact that one may properly ask the question, Why t concentrate all AIDS efforts on disease control alone? Why link AIDS with women's reproductive health? What is the scientific basis for this linkage? And how might AID~ control and women's health objectives be promot- ed simultaneously? These questions constitute the principal themes addressed in this mograph. The 15 chapters in this volume are intended to provide state-of-the-art reviews of key interac- tions between AIDS and women's reproductive health for an audience of scientists and policy makers in the AIDS and population fields. Impetus for this mograph comes in pan from what we perceive to be an inadequate global response, thus far, to AIDS and women's health;>roblems. A common platform has failed to emerge among the disparate professional communities working in the areas of AIDS, STDs, and family planning. As a result, endeavors in these fields have been isolated, and opportunities for joint action have been missed. An ermous and, as yet, unharnessed potential exists for power- ful interdisciplinary collaborations that could strengthen policies and programs against these pressing health problems of humankind.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleReproductive Biology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight426 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJaime Sepulveda Amor,Lincoln C. Chen,Sheldon J. Segal
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.