All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs World War II threatens the United States in 1941, fourteen-year-old Junior Bledsoe fights his own battles at home. Junior struggles with school and with anger--at his father, his insufferable granddaddy, his neighbors, and himself--as he desperately tries to understand himself and find his own aim in life. But he finds relief in escaping to the quiet of the nearby woods and tinkering with cars, something he learned from his Pop, and a fatherly neighbor provides much-needed guidance. This heartfelt and inspiring prequel to the author's Blue and Comfort also includes an author's te and bibliography.
- Author BiographyJoyce Moyer Hostetter is the author of four historical novels, including Blue, winner of the International Reading Association Children s Book Award, and its sequel Comfort. She lives with her husband in North Carolina, close to her two adult children and nine grandchildren. joycemoyerhostetter.com
- Author(s)Joyce Moyer Hostetter
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Weight514 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.