All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Maine Woods to the White Mountains to Cape Cod, New England s wildest and least-touched trails offer spectacular adventures for backpackers of every skill level. Now fully updated, this three-season guidebook from the trusted publisher of the White Mountain Guide will lead you to 37 of the best backpacking expeditions in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Each trip features turn-by-turn directions, basic topographic maps, camping options, and more. This edition includes new trips, including the New England National Scenic Trail and Grafton Loop Trail. Whether you re looking for an easy two-day trip or hoping to tackle Maine s 100-Mile Wilderness, this is an essential tool for finding the most exciting New England backpacking experiences.
- Author BiographyMatt Heid is a former senior editor of AMC Outdoors, the member magazine of the Appalachian Mountain Club, and currently writes the magazine s Equipped column and blog. He is also the author, contributor, and researcher of several books on hiking. Heid has hiked thousands of miles across New England, California, Alaska, and other wilderness destinations. He leads trips and teaches classes in outdoor photography, natural history, and navigation.
- Author(s)Matt Heid
- PublisherAppalachian Mountain Club
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAppalachian Mountain Club
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.95Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.