All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach chapter starts by showing the user experience we are going to create in the chapter. It then has a section discussing the major design decisions we face in building these features, and finally presents the 'solution' including the overall architecture and highlighting the most important code elements. The book presents a lot of real-world code, with comprehensive explanation and discussion. The full social network application is available for download from the Packt website, for you to examine, study, and modify. This book is written for ASP.NET and C# developers who want to build an enterprise-grade Social Network, either for their own business purposes or as a contract job for ather company. The book assumes you have prior experience of developing web applications using ASP.NET 4.0, C# , SQL Server 2008, and Visual Studio .NET 2010. If you working with earlier versions of any of these, you can still go ahead and use this book as a guide to get you going. The book focuses on topics that will be of interest to existing developers and t on providing step-by-step examples for each detail.
- Author BiographyAtul Gupta is Principal Technology Architect at the Microsoft Technology Center, Infosys Technologies Limited. He has over 15 years of experience working on Microsoft technologies. His expertise spans User Interface technologies and he has worked extensively withASP.NET. His current focus is on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Silverlight and other technologies like Surface, Pivot, Windows Touch and rich data visualization. In his career spanning over 15 years, Atul has also worked on COM, DCOM, C, C++ before getting onto .NET in year 2001. He has worked on all .NET version and alongside worked on Server products like Commerce Server and BizTalk Server. He has authored papers and handbooks that are available at Infosys' Technology Showcase (http://www.infosys.com/microsoft/resour ... wcase.aspx). He also blogs along with other Infosys colleagues at http://blogs.infosys.com/microsoft. His involved in community activities like forums, speaking session as part of Virtual TechDays and other such events got him the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Award for 6 years in a row. Sudhanshu Hate is Senior Technology Architect with Microsoft Technology Center (MTC), Infosys Technologies Limited. He has over 12 years of industry experience with last seven years on Microsoft .NET Currently his technology area of interestare .NET 4core framework and server side technologies such as WCF 4, WF 4, Entity Framework 4, WCF Data Services and App Fabric to name a few. Sudhanshu has authored papers that are available at Infosys' Technology Showcase (http://www.infosys.com/microsoft/resour ... wcase.aspx), presented in external forums such as Microsoft Virtual TechDays, 3rdIndiaSoftware Engineering Conference (ISEC 2010) and blogs at http://blogs.infosys.com/microsoft Prior to this, Sudhanshu led Business Intelligence and Legacy Modernization solution development initiatives, and consulted to fortune 500 customers in EMEA and US across .NET, J2EE, ORACLE and Delphi technologies. Andrew Siemer is currently the enterprise architect at OTX Research. He has worked as a software engineer, enterprise architect, trainer, and author since 1998 when he got out of the Army. Andrew has consulted with many companies on the topics of e-commerce, social networking, and business systems. To name a few, he has worked with eUniverse (AllYouCanInk.com), PointVantage (MyInks.com), Callaway Golf (CallawayConnect.com), Guidance Software (GuidanceSoftware.com), and Intermix Media (Grab.com, AmericanIdol.com, FoxSports.com, FlowGo.com). In addition to his daily duties he also offers various classes in .NET, C#, and other web technologies to local students in his area as well as blogging in his *free* time.
- Author(s)Andrew Siemer,Atul Gupta,Sudhanshu Hate
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight825 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.