All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will teach readers how to build and deploy a fully working example retail website using Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework techlogies and recommendations. This book contains several solutions to real world issues that developers will frequently encounter. Whether you are a vice developer or an experienced .NET developer wishing to learn more about MVC and Entity Framework, author Lee Naylor will teach you how to develop a detailed database driven example website using Microsoft ASP.N ET and Entity Framework Code First with fully explained code examples including: * Filtering and Searching Related Data using Linq* Using code first migrations to automatically update the database plus seeding data from code* How to use Visual Studio Scaffolding views and controllers* Manage CRUD operations including model binding as recommended by Microsoft and dealing with cascading deletions correctly* Input and data validation using Attributes* Sorting and paging through data and routing for friendly URL formats* Authorization and Authentication using Microsoft Identity v2 by making use of Microsoft example code including correct use of redirection after login and registration* Advanced techniques including managing data concurrency conflicts and using two database contexts* Asynchrous database access and paging* Azure deployment using Code First Migrations, remote debugging and viewing/editing your remote data* CSS Styling including animation and media queries What You Will Learn: * Get up and running quickly with ASP.N ET MVC and Entity Framework building a complex web site to display and manage several related entities* How to integrate Identity code into a project* Advanced topics including: Asynchrous database access and managing data conflicts* Working with Microsoft Azure including remote debugging and database access* CSS skills including animations and media queries for use with tablet or mobile/cell phone devices Who This Book Is For: People wanting to learn ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework ranging from vice developers new to the subject through to more experienced ASP.NET web forms developers looking to migrate from web forms to MVC and Entity Framework. The book assumes some programming kwledge such as object-oriented programming concepts and a basic kwledge of C#.
- Author(s)Lee Naylor
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 334 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1193 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.