About this product
- DescriptionIt s autumn in this Step 1 Step into Reading early reader by P. D. Eastman, author of Go, Dog. Go! and Are You My Mother? As Aaron the Alligator s thoughts turn to apples, pumpkins, football, and . . . ghosts, his usual mishaps occur while playing outdoors with his friends. Young readers will giggle along as they tackle the simple words and sentences all on their own. Aaron the Alligator is also a star of The Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary and a long out-of-print series called Everything Happens to Aaron, the basis for this book. Look for more of Aaron s Step into Reading escapades: Aaron Is a Good Sport, Aaron Has a Lazy Day, and Aaron Is Cool. Step 1 Readers feature big type and easy words for children who kw the alphabet and are eager to begin reading. Rhyme and rhythmic text paired with picture clues help children decode the story.
- Author BiographyP. D. EASTMAN was an author-illustrator who created many children s books, including Are You My Mother?, Go, Dog. Go!, and The Best Nest. Trained at the National Academy of Design, he was working for Walt Disney Productions and Warner Brothers Cartoons before he enlisted in the army in 1943 and was assigned to the Signal Corps Film Unit which was headed by Theodor Geisel, who would eventually become known to the world as Dr. Seuss. After Geisel approached him to write for his new Beginner Book series at Random House, Eastman published his first book, Sam and the Firefly. Since then, Random House has sold over thirty million books by P. D. Eastman, and he has become one of the most beloved children s book authors in the world.
- Author(s)P D Eastman
- PublisherRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStep Into Reading. Step 1: Ready to Read
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.