Aarti Paarti: An American Kitchen with an Indian Soul by Aarti Sequeira (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.56+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully-written cookbook weaving Indian and Middle Eastern recipes from her childhood with American dishes she has grown to love--from the Food Network personality. AARTI PAARTI: An American Kitchen with an Indian Soul A collection of memories and 101 recipes from the popular blogger(www.aartipaarti.com) and Food Network personality. The recipes will make cooking with traditional Indian flavors and spices approachable for the US market. Aarti's stories will dissolve the foreign-ness of Indian flavors and make seemingly complicated technique and flavor accessible. She will take the intimidation factor out of cooking Indian food by simplifying traditional recipes, offering many specific how-to's, and also tips on using traditionally Indian spices in new ways, in everyday dishes. And there is a streak of Middle Eastern in some of these recipes given her youth in Dubai. Recipes include: Cornflake & Kaya French Toast, Real Deal Hummus, Masala Kale Chips, Mum's Everyday Dal, Sambar (Vegetable & Lentil Stew), Pregnancy Potatoes (Crispy masala potato wedges), Indian Street Corn, Saag Paneer, Quia Tabbouleh, Chickpea & Artichoke Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Bombay Sloppy Joes, Spicy Sticky Lamb Chops, Mango Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Masala Shrimp & Grits, Homemade Magic Shell with Garam Masala & Sea Salt, Strawberry-Rose Petal Shortcakes. Finally, the narratives that open each chapter are wonderfully evocative, telling the story of a woman who was an outsider experiencing many cultures and cuisines: an Indian in Dubai, going to a British school; an international student attending Northwestern University to become an American journalist; and a wife of a Los Angeles man who leaves her job at CNN and becomes a Food Network Star. She finds that food always saves her and encourages us all to find the warmth in cooking.
- Author BiographyAarti Sequeira is host of Taste in Translation on the Cooking Channel. She won The Next Food Network Star, hosted her own show, Aarti Party (2011-2013), and appears on many Food Network shows including Chopped, and Iron Chef America Countdown. She has a food blog, aartipaarti.com and online cooking show, youtube.com/aartipaarti. Born in Bombay and raised in Dubai, Aarti moved to Chicago to attend Northwestern University, and now lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Aarti Sequeira
- PublisherGrand Central Publishing
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Content Note, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1021 g
- Width190 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byRee Drummond
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.