All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery city has its ghosts. From Manhattan and Brooklyn's trendiest neighbourhoods to the far-flung edges of the outer boroughs, Ellis captures the lost and lonely corners of the United States' most populous city. Step inside the New York you never knew, with 200 eerie images of urban decay, through crumbling institutions, defunct military posts, abandoned factories, railroads, schools, and waterways. Uncover the forgotten history behind New York's most incredible abandoned spaces, and witness its seldom seen and rapidly disappearing landscape. Explore the ruins of the Harlem Renaissance, sift through the artefacts of massive squatter colonies, and find out how the past is literally washing up on the shores of a Brooklyn beach called Dead Horse Bay. This book is for anyone who's ever wondered what's behind the No Trespassing sign.
- Author BiographyWill Ellis is a Brooklyn-based writer and photographer. Since 2012, hes documented the beauty and history of dozens of New Yorks abandoned spaces, which he posts regularly on his blog, AbandonedNYC.com.
- Author(s)William Ellis
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note215 colour photos
- Weight936 g
- Width230 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.