All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are names that alone express concepts, lifestyles and philosophies better than any lengthy explanation. That Abarth is one of these is a conviction by means restricted to expert writers or specialist journalists. In the case of Abarth, perceived by enthusiasts as a synym of performance, speed, agility and emotions, confirmation has been provided by the Fiat Group's extensive research ahead of the major relaunch of the Scorpion marque. Given the current situation, with the new Abarths returning to the road to 'sting', it is an ideal time for this book that sets out to reconstruct the story that led to the birth of a legend. Subdivided model by model, the text is based on straightforward, effective descriptions, backed up by contemporary photos in black and white and colour. The author has successfully illustrated the motivations that led Carlo Abarth to create something unique in the automotive world, at the cost of sacrifices, failures and disappointments such as the numerous custom models built in the early years. This is a story of cars capable of sparking great passions.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1946, Elvio Deganello is a leading automotive historian and as a freelance journalist he has contributed to numerous specialist periodicals. He has also published a number of books including Fiat Abarth 595/695 and Fiat Abarth 850/1000.Arturo Rizzoli was born in 1957. A radio and television journalist, for a period of time he was also the press officer at the Imola racing circuit. In 1990 he joined the editorial team at Autosprint, one of the most important Italian motorsport magazines. Arturo Rizzoli was born in 1957. A radio and television journalist, for a period of time he was also the press officer at the Imola racing circuit. In 1990 he joined the editorial team at Autosprint, one of the most important Italian motorsport magazines.
- Author(s)Arturo Rizzoli,Elvio Deganello
- PublisherGiorgio Nada Editore
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationVimodrone
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintGiorgio Nada Editore
- Content Note112 colour illustrations, 187 mono illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width243 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.