All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Miller is a proud man, so when his daughter, Sarah, becomes lady's maid to Lady Caroline up at Abbeyford Grange, he is very resentful - just at the time when local landowners are planning to destroy the last vestiges of villagers' independence by enclosure of the common land. And when Sarah falls in love with the squire's son it seems that their romance can only end in a tragedy which will destroy the Miller family. Meanwhile, Lady Caroline's wilful nature leads her into a clandestine romance with gentle Thomas Cole. Nothing and one must stand in her way, t even Lynwood, the fourteen-year-old boy who loves her devotedly. But, like Sarah, will she bow to the pressures of family and friends, or will she take what she wants, regardless of the consequences? The first in the Abbeyford Trilogy, Abbeyford is a heart-warming historical romance by Margaret Dickinson.
- Author BiographyBorn in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, Margaret moved to the coast at the age of seven and so began her love for the sea and the Lincolnshire landscape. Her ambition to be a writer began early and she had her first novel published at the age of twenty-five. She has written over thirty novels, many of which are set in the heart of her home country. A visit to the wonderful National Tramway Museum in Crich, Derbyshire, inspired The Clippie Girls, and the magnificent Gunby Hall, Lincolnshire, was the inspiration for Fairfield Hall.
- Author(s)Margaret Dickinson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleAbbeyford Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.